Main

2.09.2005

Ward Churchill won't back down - He is still anti-American

From Little Green Footballs:
But when Churchill stepped to the podium following ceremonial American Indian drumming and singing, plus a fiery introduction by AIM activist Russell Means, it was clear the crowd wasn’t going to punish him for the delay.

“Bill Owens, do you get it now?” he asked, following the 40-second standing ovation with which he was greeted. That cued another strong wave of applause.

I do not work for the taxpayers of the state of Colorado. I do not work for Bill Owens. I work for you. . . . The Board of Regents should do its job, and let me do mine.”

The battle lines were drawn and underscored repeatedly, in overtly political colors.

Churchill, his voice strained at times and keyed to a fighting pitch for most of his talk, said “there is not an inch of give” in his stance, and that “This institution needs to be protected from the ravages of the rabid right wing” elements that he perceives to be behind the attacks on his credibility and his scholarship.
[emphasis added]


This man is an idiot, as a employee of a public university he absolutley works for the taxpayers in Colorado, just as the governor and the university prsident do. Hopefully they will listen to the public.

He is free to say whatever he wants, but the people of Colorado do not have to pay him when he exercises his right to free speech. This man needs to be fired. Yesterday.


BACKGROUND: Rocky Mountain News

TrackBack URL for this post:
http://haloscan.com/tb/viewfrommyright/110797436696177841



3 Comments:

  • I am sick of War Churchill's bigoted exploits. I think CU-Boulder needs a serious overhall in the way they hire and fire people, and I just want to say I'm sick of having my tax money support this liberal SOB.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

  • I agree with many of your views, and I'm a pretty conservative guy myself. I'm hardly a troll, but I can't help commenting on politically motivated blogs because of the inherent naive nature that they all possess. To embrace ANY American political process with wholehearted vigor is paramount to admitting you are easily fooled or motivated by thoughts of power and money. I'm not sure which it is, but there are a few things I'm sure of. The world is an incredibly complex, diverse, and fastly changing place. Our political leaders are primarily motivated by money and power, no matter what side of the fence they sit on. Period. True concern for the general public can only get a politician a short ride to the upper echelon in our political system. The consequences are too great for a politician to change his thinking once he's made it too the higher ranks in Washington, riding on the coattails of lobbyists and corporate funding - under the table, of course. Hey, I'm not saying I would be much different. I mean, if someone offered the good life to me, it would be hard to turn down. I hope I never have to face that ethical dilemma. Our political parties are most concerned with maintaining their own personal strength first, then the strength of their party 2nd. I don't know where the health and well being of the country falls, probably 3rd, maybe 4th on the list. I beg of you to consider this realistically. The future of this country, that I love so much, depends on intelligent individuals to stand up and face these facts.
    More later...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 PM  

  • if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 AM  

What do you think?

Comment Policy

<< Home