Main

12.07.2004

Frank Keating as a Supreme Court Justice?

Jennifer Braceras has done some brainstorming and come up with some out-of-the-box SC nomination choices, and here was the one that caught my eye... former Oklahoma governor Frank Keating.

This one surprises me to be sure, and the likelihood of it happening is slim, but I would love to see it. I am being selfish here too, as an Oklahoman by birth and a Republican by choice, the idea of a Republican from Oklahoma sitting on the bench excites me.

I am not sure of his legal qualifications, but the resume is good and he's not too nasty of a confirmation fight, compared to some others. I am going to seek the opinion of a few legal minds I trust, but a Keating nomination would be really interesting.

UPDATE: Power Line has mentioned this article as well, they seem to like the idea of Spencer Abraham, founder of the Federalist Society, Arab-American, former Secretary of Energy, and former Senator. Seems like a good idea to me too.

TrackBack URL for this post:
http://haloscan.com/tb/viewfrommyright/110238960859308392



0 Comments:

What do you think?

Comment Policy

<< Home