Main

9.29.2004

The Media is no longer the voice of America

Tim Chavez discusses how the media is choosing not to cover the successes in Iraq. What frustrates me is not that the media reports on the bad news over there, it's that they don't report the good. Below is an excellent example of what I am talking about:
Consider this story [USMC Lt. Col Jim]Rose saw reported: ''I was going through the battle damage assessment at my desk with NBC's Today on the TV. The attack occurred in the middle of the night. I had the footage of the attack on my computer, and here's Katie Couric (or whoever hosts it) showing the same bomb location.

''I had pictures of the bombed vehicles, which is how I knew she was talking about the same location. The next shot is kids being carried into a hospital. We had eyes on this for a long time. If there were kids in there, they were toting weapons or the terrorists used them as human shields.

''I went to our Combat Operations Center and walked into them watching the same thing. I verified what I thought and spoke with our intelligence guys. They said the whole thing was staged and probably old footage. They track the footage and have seen repeat footage shown in the past. They also said to look at the footage and see if it makes sense. More often than not, it doesn't … pulling a child from rubble with relatively clean clothes. ''

Hmmm, interesting.

Blame it on whatever you want, but most of the news sources in America have been corrupted, and something needs to be done about it.

TrackBack URL for this post:
http://haloscan.com/tb/viewfrommyright/109651860408719973



1 Comments:

What do you think?

Comment Policy

<< Home