Main

9.26.2004

A Matter Of Character

I just finished reading Ronald Kessler's new book, A Matter of Character. It was a very good read, and I enjoyed it very much. If you would like to get a better idea of who our President really is, I highly suggest it.

The thing that I took away from this book is the ability and leadership that our President has, and the way he runs his administration. It really confirmed for me that the man in the Oval Office, the man I voted for, really is the principled and committed leader that I thought he was when I voted for him. The focus and loyalty he requires of all members of his staff is very explanatory of the things the public sees, the "lack" of access, tight message, and small amount of Presidental press conferences that have been held. This White House is focused on the job at hand, not winning news cycles and this book illustrates that point very well. The leadership that is illustrated here is exactly what this country needs, unforunately this is a style of governeing that does not suit the world of 24 hour news, so the coverage of this administration can be very short sighted. For this reason it is refreshing to see how the inside perceives the story.

There are some very good interviews in it, and a personal side of the President is shown that will probably only be surpassed one day after he is out of office and a more authoriatative and comprehensive biography is written.

However, there was one thing that bothered me. The tone of the book was not as subjective as I assumed it would be. If you dislike the President or his administration this will probably bother you. Honestly, it may reduce the credibilty of the author, but the overwhelming number of accurate facts and citations in the book resolved this for me. But if you are on the other side of the aisle, and you want to know what we admire and how we think, it would be a good read too. ;)

TrackBack URL for this post:
http://haloscan.com/tb/viewfrommyright/109625232313289125



0 Comments:

What do you think?

Comment Policy

<< Home